Current Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
More new pics can be found here: picasa
For old pics here: flickr



Dunebashing Desert Safari


We did a Dunebashing Desert Safari tour with Arabian Adventures while Gary was here last week and I don't think I've ever realized what true 4x4 can do especially in the sand. We set out from Abu Dhabi to the sand dunes about an hour outside of the city. Our driver said it was his second day...yikes! Thankfully, it was just his second day driving in Abu Dhabi, but has worked for may years through the Dubai branch..few :)



As the sunset we held on tight as he drove up, down and over the dunes, riding up ridges and sliding down the side! It truly was crazy and not for the faint hearted. Thankfully I was sitting in the front so it wasn't too rocky, but it still felt like we would trip over a couple times. Not something I could do every weekend, but could manage a couple times a year.


After our dunebashing experience we went to a camp in the desert where we got to take a camel ride and then had a wonderful bbq under the stars. After dinner we tried the flavoured tobacco, sheesha smoking the water pipe, which is quite popular here at many of the restaurants in the evenings. You can smell the different flavours wafting through the air apple, strawberry, cappuccino...sure beats cigarette smoke!



0 comments:

Blog Archive