Current Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
More new pics can be found here: picasa
For old pics here: flickr



Checking in From Paradise...that would be in The Bahamas

From the porch of my room :)



It's only been two weeks since I left Japan, but have been meaning to post a few pics up on the blog from my side of the world. And like Nick and I always say, we're going to get better with updating the blog more frequently, it gets tough sometimes, but now you can keep up to date in two separate countries with Nick in Japan and me in The Bahamas. I arrived in The Bahamas on April 1st after almost 25 hours flying. I had to fly from Tokyo to LA to Miami and finally to Nassau. Not a fun one, but I made it. It was great to see my parents, but they quickly put me to work. Unfortunately, my Grandpa died and only a few days after arriving my mom and I flew back to Michigan for the funeral. While he will be missed I am glad I was close enough to attend the funeral. I spent the rest of the week in MI and was busy shopping (oh, how I've missed American stores, I'm a MEDIUM unlike Japan where I can be an XL!), went to my old teammate Carolyn's wedding and a bridal shower for another teammate Katie. It was great to catch up with friends, most who I haven't seen in the past year. Unfortunately, I didn't have quite enough time to visit with everyone, things were pretty hectic.

Now I am back in the Bahamas and sitting on the balcony to my hut at the resort where my parents are working and watching the sunset as I type.....life is tough :) I'll be here until May, at which time I'll probably get island fever, but until then.....this is what I get to look at (view from my room above)

Here are some pictures from the past two weeks:

Twilight at Compass Point


There was a hammerhead shark really close to the shore that ate a mantaray and was fishing around for the other half of it for about 4 hours. I wasn't here to see it, but my aunt took some pictures of the shark!



My Aunt and Uncle came to visit for a couple days here they are with my mom and dad.


My mom, dad and I

0 comments:

Blog Archive