A final farewell to Sakae Jr. High
So this post should have gone before our week snowboard trip up to Hokkaido, but I'm just getting around to it today. There were no tears at school my final day, I guess I didn't expect any though. It was funny as I had actually 6 hours of classes on my final day compared to my usual 3 or 4. Guess they tried to make me work extra hard on the last one. I was told that after lunch they would have a little meeting to say goodbye and that I should prepare a speech (in Japanese). Well I wasn't hoping for anything big and it definitely wasn't. There was 3 minutes left as the teachers finally started coming to the staff room before the next period bell rang. Quickly the English teacher said a few thing and then I stood up and gave my last speech in Japanese, probably forever. I said all nice things, even if I didn't want to and then the bell rang...class time! The teachers clapped and then quickly moved out of the room. As I said before I wasn't expecting much, but a 3 minute meeting was a little less then I expected, seriously! I had been there for year and half and all they could give me was a 3 minute going away party. I'm not bitter, but thankful that teaching there is OVER! Granted, I have no idea what's next on the agenda. Here are a few pictures of my school and the English teachers I taught with. Actually at the end of the day the English teachers gave me a few present which was nice. I got some new chopsticks, slippers, a door curtain all of Japanese prints. Though, I will miss teaching at the elementary schools as those were the most fun and kept me busy all day. The kids were great and I probably learned most of my Japanese with the 1-6 graders. In the last week they all made little origami animals and wrote notes to me. I guess it was okay they all thought my name was Ms. Jan or Ms. Jane and wrote it on every letter :)
I worked out in the rice fields
Sakae Jr. High School
Second year students on my last day
The English teachers I worked with (the guy in the black coat was always scared to talk to me that he would just cancel my classes so I wouldn't have to teach with him)
- Aare River
- Aare River Stand Up Paddling
- abu dhabi
- Arcachon
- Bachalpsee
- Bahamas
- Bangkok
- Basel
- Bern
- Bordeaux
- Brienzsee
- California
- Cambodia
- Chamonix
- China
- Colorado
- Costa Ric
- Costa Rica
- Dibba
- Dubai
- France
- Fujairah
- Germany
- Goa
- Hong Kong
- India
- Ireland
- Istanbul
- Italy
- Japan
- Luzern
- Malaysia
- Mexico
- Michigan
- Munich
- Oman
- Paris
- Perigord
- Phi Phi
- Playa Del Carmen
- Rome
- Stresa
- Switzerland
- Sydney
- Thun
- Turkey
- Tuscany
- UAE
- US
- Venice
- Vienna
- Zermatt
- Zurich
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(18)
- ► 04/15 - 04/22 (1)
- ► 04/08 - 04/15 (1)
- ► 03/11 - 03/18 (4)
- ► 02/26 - 03/04 (1)
- ► 02/19 - 02/26 (1)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (5)
- ► 01/29 - 02/05 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (2)
-
►
2011
(49)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (3)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (2)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 10/30 - 11/06 (2)
- ► 09/25 - 10/02 (2)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (3)
- ► 08/21 - 08/28 (3)
- ► 08/14 - 08/21 (3)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (2)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (4)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (3)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (2)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (2)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (2)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (2)
-
►
2010
(33)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (4)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (5)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (9)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (4)
-
►
2009
(73)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (5)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (1)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (5)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (5)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (16)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (1)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (1)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (3)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (8)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (2)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (8)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (2)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (2)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (3)
-
▼
2008
(58)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (2)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (4)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (4)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 05/25 - 06/01 (2)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (2)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (3)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (4)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (3)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (1)
- ▼ 02/17 - 02/24 (5)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (1)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (1)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (6)
-
►
2007
(32)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (2)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (2)
- ► 12/02 - 12/09 (2)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (2)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (1)
- ► 10/28 - 11/04 (6)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (4)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (3)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (3)
- ► 09/30 - 10/07 (6)
- ► 09/23 - 09/30 (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment