Japanese Proficiency Test 3-kyu
Both Nick and I survived the test which was held yesterday, although I barely did. We won't find out the results until February, but personally for me I'm not expecting too much. I did it, it was an experience and I at least know that I would've definitely had no problem passing the lowest level as previously planned.
On a positive note, I think I did quite well on the Kanji section. Nick should pass no problem although I was relieved when he said that listening part was quite difficult. I think my days of studying Japanese are over now, but now I have to find something else to occupy my time at work when I'm not in class teaching.
This test was pretty anal compared to other standardized tests I have taken before. The whole process was extremely tedious and they even had red and yellow cards. Yes just like soccer, a yellow was a warning and a red, sayonara your kicked out! The test only had 3 sections which combined together for about 2 hours, but it took from 9:45-3:30 to finish the entire test. We had breaks in between each sections, but what took the most time was how they had to check everything before we started. They had to individually hand out test sheets, questions, check our IDs and make sure they matched the photo they were given. This was done at the beginning and end of each section, I couldn't believe it! Then of course they did the warning in Japanese each time. Yellow card for eating, talking, etc.... Red card if your phone goes off, caught cheating, coughing??...I really didn't catch all of the rules as that Japanese was NOT part of the test :) One guy got kicked out of the listening section, red card-ed when his watch beeped on the hour! Thankfully, I wasn't wearing my Timex watch or that would've been me!
I'm glad I took it, a good experience, but I think I'll be moving back to Spanish, it's a whole lot easier language to learn that's for sure!
- Aare River
- Aare River Stand Up Paddling
- abu dhabi
- Arcachon
- Bachalpsee
- Bahamas
- Bangkok
- Basel
- Bern
- Bordeaux
- Brienzsee
- California
- Cambodia
- Chamonix
- China
- Colorado
- Costa Ric
- Costa Rica
- Dibba
- Dubai
- France
- Fujairah
- Germany
- Goa
- Hong Kong
- India
- Ireland
- Istanbul
- Italy
- Japan
- Luzern
- Malaysia
- Mexico
- Michigan
- Munich
- Oman
- Paris
- Perigord
- Phi Phi
- Playa Del Carmen
- Rome
- Stresa
- Switzerland
- Sydney
- Thun
- Turkey
- Tuscany
- UAE
- US
- Venice
- Vienna
- Zermatt
- Zurich
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(18)
- ► 04/15 - 04/22 (1)
- ► 04/08 - 04/15 (1)
- ► 03/11 - 03/18 (4)
- ► 02/26 - 03/04 (1)
- ► 02/19 - 02/26 (1)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (5)
- ► 01/29 - 02/05 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (2)
-
►
2011
(49)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (3)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (2)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 10/30 - 11/06 (2)
- ► 09/25 - 10/02 (2)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (3)
- ► 08/21 - 08/28 (3)
- ► 08/14 - 08/21 (3)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (2)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (4)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (3)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (2)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (2)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (1)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (2)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (2)
-
►
2010
(33)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (4)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (5)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/30 - 06/06 (1)
- ► 05/23 - 05/30 (9)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (4)
-
►
2009
(73)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (5)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (1)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (5)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (5)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (16)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (1)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (1)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (3)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (8)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (2)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (8)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (2)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (2)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (3)
-
►
2008
(58)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (2)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (3)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (4)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (4)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 05/25 - 06/01 (2)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (2)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (3)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (4)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (3)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (5)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (1)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (1)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (6)
-
▼
2007
(32)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (2)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (2)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (2)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (1)
- ► 10/28 - 11/04 (6)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (4)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (3)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (3)
- ► 09/30 - 10/07 (6)
- ► 09/23 - 09/30 (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment