Current Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
More new pics can be found here: picasa
For old pics here: flickr



My work day begins...

As you all know I work as an English teacher at a Jr. High School and come next month I will have been there for an entire year. That's an accomplishment all on its own. To think that I have been there a year, makes me think wow time has flown by, but sometimes I find the days go by way too slowly and not sure how much longer I'll make it! And to be honest, not much has changed since I started last year except that I can understand more and more when the teachers talk about me 'eigo no sensei....' (English teacher.....)as I have been diligently studying. I also use way too many Japanese words with the students, as most of the time it is too painful to get the point or explain something over and over again in English, which I guess defeats the purpose of being.....an English teacher.

But things continue as they have always to get lost in translation when trying to talk to the other teachers and that uncomfortable feeling of being the only foreigner at the school still remains. Some days are busy with 4 classes to teach, but then others are the exact opposite. I might have only 1 or even worse none! Things aren't so bad, when I am super busy....but when I have nothing to do all day....this is what I do for enjoyment (no I don't really think alcohol would make things better...or would it?), to keep sane...I know what you're all thinking, "Jen, wow you used to be so busy..work so hard" well I'll get back to that eventually for the time being, this is what life can be like teaching English (at Jr. High Schools) in Japan.

Just click on the picture to see a larger view.

Ocha=Green Tea

0 comments:

Blog Archive